Friday, November 04, 2005

Inverse Solstice

Subject: RE: FW: Hello World
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:31:42 +1300
From: "Jesus Tubay" <Jesus.Tubay@generalcable.co.nz>
To: "cool dela "peña" <manilascooltalk@yahoo.com>

Jesus Tubay wrote:
Well, I might have lost track of it anyway but yeah, I think we often call you Georgie then. I never expected to come to New Zealand. In fact, my first choice was Canada, second was USA (or vice versa?!), next was Australia and then UK. But how did I end up here? I honestly don’t know. Things had just happened so fast that all of a sudden my environment changed and then all I can say to myself is- “It’s good to dream- and work it out.” It’s good to wake up to a very fresh, cold air and enjoy the sun. Most houses have glass walls and sunrooms. Since the whole house floor is almost carpeted, I can just sit or lay down by the wall of my room and taste the sunshine as I ponder the day’s wonders (and what the heck am I doing here!!?!?!).

Know what- New Zealand is pare Dante’s first choice and he told me that he almost migrated before we met again after 10years?! And I’m throwing that back to him as a challenge. He first became interested here and now, he’s still there and I’m already here. Ironically funny?!

Kiwi’s are not that good in chess though. There are Chinese guys who are very good at it. It’s just one of the many recreational activities they have in here.

It’s spring time here and gettin hotter now. But it’s not as hot as in the Philippines though. We can still bathe comfortably in the sun though it’s already 12noon. And long days are here as well. There is still sunshine until 8pm. It’ll just begin to darken around 20 past 8. They’re telling me it’ll even be longer days in summer (which is by December to February) when the sun shines until 11pm.

By the way, if you really wanted to call me, I think you should make it around 8am Manila time. It will be about 1pm here. I’ll be relaxin and gettin ready for work by then.

Alright my friend, til next..

>jes<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home